Seems everyone is looking for something to do for New Year’s Eve in Paris without going completely broke. If you tried to plan ahead, things didn’t look good, but as usual, a bunch of soirées have been announced at the last-minute, both on and around New Year’s Eve (I’ll add more as I find them):
– Bonheur des Dames (Régine’s, 49 rue de Ponthieu, 8th): The last ladies’ night of the year, with dinner, open bar, make-overs and male entertainment for ladies only is Thursday the 27th from 9:30pm, FREE ENTRY; men can join the ladies at 11pm. Dress code: sexy. Reserve your place at 06 21 70 52 56 or email@example.com.
– Kararocké de Noël: Saturday December 29 at the Flèche d’Or (102 Rue de Bagnolet, 20th), FREE ENTRY, from 10pm. Dress up as Santa or elves, sing karaoke with a live band, get a present from St. Nicolas Ullmann. Guaranteed to be a good laugh.
– Flèche d’Or (102 Rue de Bagnolet, 20th): Monday December 31, FREE ENTRY, dancing to Electro, rock, soul etc. with five DJs from 10pm until dawn. Laid back music club in East Paris with no snobby dress code and cheap drinks. Get there early…it fills up fast!
– Pont Ephémère (200 Quai de Valmy, 10th): Monday December 31, entry €15 (drinks from €3; bottle of Champagne €60), from 10pm until dawn. This former cement factory on the canal will have 2 dance floors, 1 chill out, 4 bars, an open and heated terrace, and 6 DJs. No particular dress code.
– Showcase (under the Pont Alexandre III, 8th): Monday December 31, entry €20, from 11pm until dawn, La Johnson party under the bridge in one of the city’s largest clubs….DJs Mr Boo (from Le Baron) and Da River. Reservations: 06 28 28 82 88.
– Café Chic & Le Tania (126 rue du Faubourg St Honoré & 43 rue Ponthieu, 8th): Monday December 31. Begin the night with a dinner party from 8pm at Café Chic (info and reservations: 01 45 63 69 69) and then finish the evening at Le Tania club for dancing from 1am (info and reservations 01 42 25 34 04).
– Régine’s Club (49 rue de Ponthieu, 8th): Monday December 31, from 10:30pm until dawn. Expect this swanky club off the Champs-Elysées to have trendy DJ dance music and a beautiful crowd. The price is €60 (open bar), and €100 if you want to reserve a bottle and a table. Dress code: Wear your party dresses (suits for messieurs). Reserve: 01 43 59 21 13.
– L’Aqua (in the Jardins de Trocadéro, 16th): Monday December 31, €70 entry, from 9pm until dawn; buffet and open Champagne Bar 9pm-midnight, then open bar (except Champagne) for the rest of the night; party with the sharks and the sting rays at the Aquarium, brought to you by the Urban Nights After-Works crew. Dress code: chic. Reservations 06 89 37 72 57 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– GLAZ’ART: 7/15 avenue de la Porte de la Villette, 19th; Info : 01 40 36 55 65. Free Parking. Entry €15. Electro music soirée with six DJs and three chill outs. Dress code: Tux and gowns!