Hot off the press release from Galeries Lafayette!
Eight of Paris’s renowned chocolate makers will be presenting their creations, signing books and showing off their chocolate-making talents on November 12 from 5-9pm at Galeries Lafayette Haussmann.
This “Parcours Gourmand” includes:
- Pierre Hermé in the Espace Chaussures et Souliers (aka: the amazing new shoe department on level -1 in the main building) where he’ll be signing copies of his new book “Carrément Chocolat”.
- Gilles Marchal of La Maison du Chocolat who will be sharing an assortment of chocolates on the 1st floor.
- Arnaud Larher – Meilleur Ouvrier de France 2007 – who will be handing out sweet goodies on the 3rd floor restaurant-salon.
- Jean-Luc Matyjasick and the Chefs Chocolatiers of La Maison Dalloyau will be at the entrance to Lafayette Gourmet handing out handmade chocolate flowers.
- Jean-Paul Hévin will be showing off his myriad chocolate creations such as the Eiffel Tower and high heels.
- Japanese-born French pastry and chocolate maker Sadaharu Aoki will be sharing his exotic creations…no word yet where in the store he’ll be hiding.
- François Pralus is the latest chocolate maker to specialize in “grands crus de chocolat” made from cocoa from his own plantation in Madagascar.
- Finally, Patrice Chapon will be sharing his creative chocolate creations that mix flavors from around the world.
I wouldn’t share this information with the public (yes, I’m that much of a chocoholic) except that I’m out of town that night so I can’t be there anyway. So there’s one less person you have to compete with for chocolate samples. Try and behave yourselves! 😉