Transportation strikes begin tonight around 8pm and will supposedly continue through Wednesday evening the 14th. No word yet whether they will continue striking through the 20th (along with other non-transport strikers). Here is the current schedule of transportation in Paris:
– RER A & B: no service
– RER C, D & E: no information
– Metro 1: 25% service (1 in 4 trains running)
– Metros 2-13: 10% service (1 in 10 trains running)
– Metro 14: 100% Service (heh heh, this one is run automatically, no drivers to strike)
– Trams 1-4: 10% service
– Busses: 10% service
– Eurostar/Thalys Trains: Normal service reported by French news services, but the Thalys website shows that a few trains have been cancelled.
– Regional Trains (Ter, Transilien): Absolute minimal service during rush hour
– Corail and SNCF TGV: 10% service
Toll-free number (from a land line) for information on SNCF traffic: 0 805 700 805
Toll-free number (from a land line) for information on RATP traffic: 0 800 15 11 11
Interestingly, 62% of the French don’t think that the strikes are justified, according to a poll published today in the free Métro newspaper.
Doesn’t seem like the Thalys is unaffected… http://thalys.com/fr/en/traffic-info?time=1194963180C